Smyrna Neck Pain Treatments From our Chiropractor at East West Spine & Rehab
It's likely that you or someone you know has suffered from an episode of neck pain before. If you're currently experience stiffness, pain, and other symptoms affecting your cervical spine, consider meeting with our chiropractor, Dr. Ara Leguizamon. Dr. Leguizamon offers a variety of Smyrna neck pain treatments that can help you or a loved one achieve effective and efficient healing.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
It's been estimated that as many as 12% of adult females and 9% of adult males are struggling with neck pain. There are a variety of factors that play into this common condition, including age, stress level, lifestyle, and overall health status.
Here are a few of the most common underlying causes of neck pain:
- Whiplash: acceleration-deceleration injury that occurs when the neck forcefully snaps forward and back (often see during a car accident or slip or fall)
- "Text neck": prolonged time spent in a hunched over position while using a cell phone or other electronic device; poor posture, in general, can lead to significant neck problems
- Arthritis: inflammation of joints within the cervical spine
- Spinal stenosis: degenerative narrowing of the spinal canal
- Degenerative disc disease: injury to the spinal discs within the cervical spine, which often occurs with age
Interestingly, neck pain can often be referred to the shoulder area. So, if you're having shoulder pain, stiffness, or even arm dysfunction (including arm pain, weakness, numbness, and tingling), it could certainly be as a result of some sort of dysfunction within the cervical spine!
How Chiropractic Care Can Help You If You Have Neck Pain in Smyrna
Resolving neck pain naturally requires an understanding of the underlying factors that are contributing to your pain and other symptoms. If you have neck pain in Smyrna, our chiropractor can help in several ways:
- Chiropractic adjustments and manual spinal decompression help realign the spine, reduce pressure on cervical spinal nerves, and restore normal position of intervertebral discs
- Soft tissue massage helps relax spasming muscles and promote increased circulation of oxygenated blood flow to injured areas
- Cold laser therapy to promote accelerated tissue healing and pain relief...
... and more!
Call Our Smyrna Chiropractor Today!
Visit our Smyrna chiropractor today by calling East West Spine & Rehab at (770) 432-5600. We look forward to meeting with you!