Natural, Non-Invasive Relief from Smyrna Neck Pain
Neck pain can be debilitating. Ranging from dull aches and tenderness to severe pain, neck pain can also include numbness, tingling, and pain in the shoulders, arms, hands, jaw, and head, leading to headaches and making it difficult to grasp objects or perform simple tasks. At East West Spine Rehab Clinic, our chiropractor works with patients each day, helping them achieve natural relief.
Spinal Subluxation, Whiplash, and More: Common Causes of Neck Pain in Smyrna
Neck pain is a symptom, not a condition. Many different conditions, such as whiplash, can lead to neck pain. For this reason, when assessing a patient with neck pain in Smyrna, our chiropractor must first determine the cause of the neck pain. The causes of neck pain fall into three categories:
- Injuries - The most common cause of neck pain, injuries range from serious to minor and are not always obvious. Neck injuries occur as a result of poor posture, texting, sleeping in a strange position, or working at a non-ergonomically designed work station.
- Spinal Conditions - Conditions affecting the cervical spine including osteoarthritis, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and degenerative disc disease can lead to neck pain.
- Disease - Illnesses including meningitis, shingles, spinal infections, heart disease, and tumors along the spinal column cause neck pain. If the presence of any illness, infection, or tumor is suspected, our chiropractor might refer you to see another physician; you might require additional treatment to resolve the problem.
Our Non-Invasive Approach to Neck Pain Treatments
Rather than prescribing medications to mask neck pain, our chiropractor uses a holistic approach to treatment. Our neck pain treatments are designed to address neck pain at its root cause, helping your body heal and function normally to achieve optimal wellness. Our comprehensive list of treatments include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments - Using a Proadjuster Chiropractic Technique, our chiropractor uses machine-assisted spinal palpitation for precise determination of the location of spinal subluxations and blockages.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy - Spinal decompression therapy uses a computer-assisted traction table to stretch the spine at targeted locations, specifically treating affected areas.
- Cold Laser Therapy - Laser therapy activates soft tissues such as ligaments, muscles, tendons, nervous tissue, and fascia to stimulate healing, increase circulation, and reduce inflammation on a cellular level.
- Electric Stimulation - Often described as an electric massage, electric stimulation targets specific muscle groups to stimulate the release of feel good endorphins which help reduce pain within injured tissues.
Depending on the nature of your symptoms and your specific condition, our chiropractor will work with you to devise an individually appointed wellness plan comprised of a selection of complementary treatments and designed to best treat you.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Smyrna Chiropractor
If you suffer from chronic or acute neck pain, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our Smyrna chiropractor. To make an appointment, learn more about our services, or to ask about free consultations for new patients, contact us at (770) 432-5600 today.